Top quality. SIP have managed to gain the assistance of a major European producer, VAPE, to manufacture these high-end ignition systems for our beloved Lambrettas. The materials, production and construction of the SIP PERFORMANCE Lambretta ignition systems are of the highest quality.
The electrical functions are representative of state of the art modern technology. Due to the eight coils included on the stator-plate enough power is created at tick-over revs to already fully illuminate the lighting.
The CDI module is the 'Sport' version that includes a variable ignition point which advances at low revs. This increases the available torque - especially at the lower end - and the ignition point is then gradually retarded as the rpm rises into the power-band. This also helps reduce the combustion temperature while simultaneously providing an increased rev-range.
The pick-up on the stator-plate is split into two and arranged on top of another instead of next to each other as with the original design. This eliminates the possibility of false positioning during the initial set up due to the sloppy manufacturing tolerances included on many engine casings, crankshafts, stator-plates and flywheels. The exact ignition point is clearly marked with a precise line on both the flywheel and stator-plate, which allows ignition adjustment without stroboscopic lamp. All you need to do is find out the top dead center (TDC).
One of the most major advances achieved is the production of the fly/fanwheel unit as a single component, avoiding a riveted inner mounting-cone and an uneven rotation. This greatly reduces engine vibration while also noticeably extending the working life of the flywheel side crankshaft bearing. The fanwheel is CNC machined from solid aluminium and delivers an identical volume of cooling air to the cylinder as the original throughout the whole rev-range. The amount delivered by most aftermarket ignition systems is easily surpassed by our design, without preventing higher motor speeds.
The flywheel intended for the DL/GPs weighs 1650 grams, making it both considerably lighter than the original counterparts. This primarily improves throttle-response, but leaves the motor easily manageable in urban traffic and while carrying a pillion. Our SIP – VAPE flywheels are 100% compatible with the original flywheel remover type.
Technical specifications :
- A relatively high 110W power is available from tick-over for greatly improved lighting.
- Can also power additional electrical components such as a fuel pump, lambda sensor heating, USB power-port etc.
- Precisely balanced flywheel due to its one-piece construction.
- Plug & Play installation without a strobe-lamp due to precise ignition point markings.
- Perfectly arranged rotational mass, improved throttle-response.
- Ideal cooling performance, identical with original type.
- 18-finned, CNC machined fanwheel.
- RPM linked variable ignition point (SIP PERFORMANCE 'Sport' version).
- Complete delivery includes : CDI, Fly/fanwheel, rectifier (DC), regulator (AC).
- Single woodruff key slot on crankshaft mounting of the flywheel, avoiding incorrect set up.
- High end materials and precise production.
Price includes VAT @ 20%